No time to dwell on last night’s 2-1 Tips loss to the Vancouver Giants. The clean slate mentality began as soon as the Tips arrived today in downtown Everett for game day activities.
Up next: Kamloops, winless in their last 3 games after being blanked, 3-0 by Kelowna last night and then having to make a drive through the pass and across the U.S. border. The Tips are 2-0-0-0 this season against the Blazers, with both games in Kamloops. Head coach Don Hay is six victories away from catching Ken Hodge for the WHL all-time coaching wins record.
ON THE BROADCAST:
- Pregame: Bryce Kindopp, Dennis Williams
- 1st Intermission: Tips education coordinator Darren Parsons, who reflects on the 31st anniversary of the tragic Swift Current Broncos bus crash (Parsons was a defenseman with the Regina Pats that season, who were awaiting the Broncos in Regina that night. When head coach Doug Sauter and a local priest entered the room, everyone knew something was extremely wrong.)
- 2nd Intermission: we answer your questions from the Tips App (go to “Tips Talk” and submit there!)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Third of four meetings with the Kamloops Blazers … the Silvertips own a 34-17-4-4 record, all-time vs. Kamloops … they were 2-1-0-1 last season and outscored the Blazers, 9-8 head-to-head … the Silvertips have won 9 of the last 11 games heading into tonight’s game … Connor Dewar leads the Tips in the series with four points in two games … goaltenders Dustin Wolf and Carter Hart each have a win this season against the Blazers.
TOP 5 TIPS TIDBITS
- TORRID TIPS: The Tips are 18-5-0-1 in the last 24 games and are 9-2-0-0 in the month of December … they have won 12 of the last 14 games … six different Silvertips have registered game winning goals in December … Patrick Bajkov leads the Silvertips with 18 points and six goals in 11 games during the month.
- HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF: 2001-born goaltender Dustin Wolf has six wins in his first nine appearances … his first career shutout (31 saves) came on Dec. 16 vs. Prince George in a 4-0 win and he followed up with 24 saves on Dec. 27 (11-0 over VAN) in his 2nd career shutout … he was named CHL Goaltender of the Week for the week ending Oct. 30 … he is 4-2-0-0 with a 2.11 GAA, two shutouts, and .932 save pct. in December.
- SUTTER TOUGH: Riley Sutter had his first career hat trick and tied a Tips record for goals in a game (4) on Dec. 27 at Vancouver … he has 10 points in his last 4 games.
- SPECIAL DELIVERIES: For the Silvertips special teams, the penalty kill is 1st in the WHL (86.3) … Connor Dewar and Matt Fonteyne each lead the Silvertips with seven power play goals.
- HALF WAY POLE: The Silvertips reached the 20-win plateau through 36 games for the fifth straight season … their 44 points, under head coach Dennis Williams, was the second highest point total in franchise history at the 36-game mark under any first year Tips head coach (Kevin Constantine, 48 points in 2013-14, first season of his second stint).
See you on the radio, 6:30pm with Justin Morrison on Fox Sports 1380 / FM 95.3 / Tips App.