Good Monday to you from downtown Everett; the Silvertips can take over first place again in the U.S. Division with at least one standings point.
We’re on air at 3:30pm on Fox Sports 1380 / FM 95.3.
AUDIO STREAM: Radio (1380 AM) / Tips App, too
ON THE BROADCAST: (pregame at 3:30pm)
- Pregame: Bryce Kindopp, Dennis Williams
- 1st Intermission: Walter Jones (Seattle Seahawks)
- 2nd Intermission: we answer your questions from the Tips App (go to “Tips Talk” and submit there!)
TOP 5 TIPS TIDBITS
- TORRID TIPS: The Tips are 23-6-0-1 in the last 30 games and finished 10-2-0-0 in the month of December … they have won 17 of the last 20 games … Patrick Bajkov led the Silvertips with 18 points and six goals in 12 games during the month.
- GOALTENDING GOT HART: Tips goaltender Carter Hart, named Player of the Game in the championship victory over Sweden, returns to the Silvertips after capturing the gold medal with Canada at the 2018 IIHF World Junior Championships in Buffalo … Hart went 5-0-0-1 in six games, totaling a 1.64 goals-against-average and .935 save percentage in the tourney … he returns as the WHL leader in GAA (1.44), save percentage (.957), tied for 1st in shutouts (5), and is 15-3-0-1 in 19 games.
- HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF: 2001-born goaltender Dustin Wolf had seven wins in his first ten appearances … he earned his third shutout of the season on Wednesday vs. Tri-City (29 saves) … he was named CHL Goaltender of the Week for the week ending Oct. 30 … he was 5-2-0-0 with a 2.01 GAA, two shutouts, and .933 save pct. in December.
- NOT STANDING PAT: Patrick Bajkov, the leading Tips scorer, had a career high 5 points last Sunday vs Victoria … his 65 points in 45 games rank seventh in league scoring after the Tips last victory … he is 8 points away from tying the Silvertips all-time points record, held by Zach Hamill.
- SPECIAL DELIVERIES: For the Silvertips special teams, the penalty kill is 1st in the WHL (85.5) … the Tips power play went 5-of-9 last Sunday vs. Victoria, tying a franchise record for most power play goals in one game (5) … they are 10-of-23 in the last four games … Matt Fonteyne leads the Silvertips with 13 power play goals.
ON THIS DATE
JANUARY 15, 2011: Tyler Maxwell tied the franchise record for most goals in a game with four against the Seattle Thunderbirds, and the Silvertips defeated Seattle, 6-5 before a sellout crowd of 8,344 … the Silvertips raced out to a 3-0 lead … Maxwell finished with 5 points in the game … the Tips debuted Ryan Harrison (two goals, two assists), acquired in a trade with Medicine Hat.
See you on the radio!